Science2Go Roadshow and Outreach
Bring some excitement back to your students and families! Our scientists will deliver interactive STEM experiences right to your door. From interactive demonstrations and tables to labs, Scout classes and our homemade wind tunnel, enjoy all that SciTech has to offer in the comfort of your own venue.
- Two educators from SciTech will provide short hands-on, creative activities for marketing purposes
- $175 for up to 4 hours, add $50 for each additional hour
Outreach Table plus Wind Tunnel Aerodynamics
- Create and test a flight design in our vertical wind tunnel.
- $275 for up to 4 hours, add $60 for each additional hour
Scout Classes on the Road
- See Scouts page for class information
- $300 for up to 15 Scouts
- Add $25 per each additional Scout, maximum 25 students per class
Science Roadshow Demos:
- Bring an interactive demonstration to your door! Choose from one of the options below and provide a your students and families with an experience they will remember for years to come.
- $200 for first Demo
- $75 for each additional demo
- Maximum 75 students per demo
Science Roadshow Labs:
- Add a hands-on Lab Investigation to your Science Roadshow Demo!
- Demo cost (see above) plus $4 per student lab fee
- 1 lab session: 75 minutes, maximum 25 students per room
Science Roadshow Demos and Labs
- Awesome Weather
- Buzz about Bees
- Electricity and Magnets
- Incredible Insects
- What’s the Matter with Chemistry?
Students will discover how air, water, Earth, and Sun interact to produce our weather and climate. Concepts discussed include, but are not limited to: density, mass, temperature, water cycle, electricity and conduction, 4 states of matter, Bernoulli’s Principle.
Designed for grade levels K-12
Designed for grade levels K-12
Students will explore the interconnected relationship between electricity and magnets. Create lightning with a Tesla Coil, learn about Lenz’s Law, and induce electrical currents and magnetic fields through conductors and insulators. Concepts discussed include, but are not limited to: electricity, magnetism, induction, circuits, conductors and insulators, plasma phase of matter, static electricity, electromagnets, permanent and temporary magnets.
Designed for grade levels K-10
Designed for grade levels K-5
This is an explosive and chemically reactive experience where students will learn about the different types of chemical and physical reactions, states of matter, and how the pH scale is used in their daily lives. One lucky student will get to take home the polymer muffin! Concepts discussed include, but are not limited to: physical and chemical reactions, endothermic and exothermic reactions, combustion, polymer science, pH, buffer solutions, chemical engineering, materials science.
Designed for grade levels 1-12
Travel fees are included in booking price for venues within 30 miles of SciTech. Additional travel fees apply to venues more than 30 miles away from SciTech. Call SciTech Guest Services at extension 216 for questions.