2017 SciTech Summer Camps
Imagine, Explore and Discover
the amazing world of STEAM this summer!
SciTech Hands On Museum is proud to offer a safe and educational summer camp environment for children pre-K through 8th grade. Morning sessions (9am-12pm) and afternoon sessions (1pm-4pm) are centered along a weekly theme that integrates STEAM into fun and engaging experiences.
It is our priority to make SciTech Summer Adventure Camps a unique learning experience through our innovative programming. Camps will be led by dedicated, professionally trained teachers who encourage creativity, promote discovery, and support individual learning styles. Small camp size promotes personal attention and direction. Our pre-K camps are capped at 12 children and our grades 1-8 camps are capped at 15 campers.
Our 2017 Summer Adventure Camps are divided into four age groups to challenge participants. Please select a group below to discover our topics!
“It’s close, convenient, and offers an environment that’s different from other summer camps.”
“The topics were very hands on. My child enjoyed this aspect of the class.”
“A well-rounded program with good pricing for a science and technology focused camp that wasn’t all Lego-based. Overall huge win!”
“SciTech Hands On Museum provides a fun, learning, and engaged atmosphere.”
This summer, embark on a real adventure! Imagine, Explore and Discover the amazing world of STEAM! Space is limited, so don’t wait! Register TODAY!
Interested in a discounted price? Become a SciTech member and get $50 off the regular session price.
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
Each camp session/topic has an individual registration page and must be filled out separately. (We are transitioning to a new system and apologize for this inconvenience.)
Prefer pen & paper? Download our registration form here to get started. Then simply mail or drop off your registration and payment at the SciTech Hands On Museum during our regular hours.
Camp Policies and FAQs
How much does camp cost?
• Individual sessions are $225 per camper.
• A discounted price of $175 is available for Museum members, early registration, and when a family books multiple sessions (ie, morning & afternoon, multiple weeks, and/or siblings discount). If you would like to become a member, please click here.
• Before and After Care options are available. Staff is available from 8am-9am and extended afternoon is available 4pm-5pm. Each option is $50 per period per week per option.
Are meals provided?
• Meals WILL NOT be provided. Campers staying through the Lunch Period must bring their own lunch, labeled clearly with their name, and may not leave the SciTech grounds.
• SciTech camp staff and students will NOT be permitted to share or trade food with other campers at any time.
• There will be a reserved peanut/nut free table in the lunch room. Please alert the camp coordinator if there are severe allergies that require additional accommodations.
• A snack will be provided by SciTech during class each day, and students are welcome to bring their own snack in a sealed container, with their name clearly labeled on the food container. Students with any special dietary needs must bring their own snack.
• Food and drink will not be permitted in the classrooms or STEAM LAB.
• Arriving on time: If the student is going to be more than 10 minutes late, the parent/guardian must call to inform SciTech ahead of time. Students arriving 30 minutes late or more WILL NOT be permitted to attend camp that day unless prior arrangements are made.
• Weather and Safety Emergency and Cancellation: In the event that weather and/or safety conditions are too hazardous, SciTech reserves the right to cancel any and all camp activities. SciTech will notify parents/guardians of any weather and/or safety emergencies via phone and/or email. SciTech will not issue refunds due to weather cancellations.
• Sending students home due to illness: If a student is deemed too ill to participate in camp, the parent/guardian will be notified and asked to take their student home for the remainder of the camp day or until symptom-free for 24 hours.
• There are no refunds granted to do lateness, illness, absence or weather/safety cancellations.
Can I pick my child up early or arrive late?
• Please inform camp staff if your camper needs to be picked up early.
• If the student is going to be more than 10 minutes late, the parent/guardian must call to inform SciTech ahead of time. Students arriving 30 minutes late or more WILL NOT be permitted to attend camp that day unless prior arrangements are made.
• Before and After Care options are available. Staff is available from 8am-9am for $50 and extended afternoon is available 4pm-5pm for $50. Each option is per week.
• Late pickup fee: $5 for every 5 minutes that a parent/guardian is late to pick up a student.
• All necessary camp supplies are provided by SciTech.
• One SciTech water bottle and one camp tee-shirt will be provided. Additional water bottles and tee-shirts are available for purchase.
• Students should bring their SciTech water bottle, with their name clearly labeled on it, to camp every day.
• Students are required to bring a clean change of seasonally appropriate clothes to camp each day.
• Students are required to keep a backpack with them each day of camp.
Is there a uniform requirement?
• Campers will receive one SciTech teeshirt for camp, and additional shirts will be available to purchase at the parents discretion.
• No, campers are not required to wear a uniform. There are dress-code policies to promote safety and inclusion in all activities.
• Students are expected to wear closed-toed shoes to camp every day, crocks and jellies are NOT acceptable footwear.
• All shorts must be knee length or longer.
• No tight or revealing clothing.
• Attire may not mimic or represent any illegal substances, profanity, drugs, alcohol, tobacco products or any kind of weapon.
• Camp students who do not wear the appropriate attire to camp may not be permitted to participate in some class activities, and may be sent home.
• SciTech will not be held liable for any injury that results in failure to wear appropriate attire to camps.
What is the teacher-camper ratio?
• 1st grade through 8th grade camps, class sizes are held to a maximum enrollment of 15 students per class.
• For Preschool through Kindergarten camps, class sizes are held to a maximum enrollment of 12 students per class.
• All registrations are FINAL upon receipt of payment, and refunds will NOT be issued to any parent/guardian who wishes to cancel registration.
• Enrollment in individual sessions are final. Parents/guardians may not “switch” their child to another session after registration is finalized.
• SciTech Hands On Museum reserves the right to cancel a camp session for any reason. If your camp session is cancelled by SciTech, SciTech will refund the full cost of the camp session. SciTech will NOT offer full or partial refunds in the event that a student is sick, absent, or was otherwise dismissed from the program.
• SciTech will not issue refunds due to weather cancellations.
SciTech Summer Adventure Camp staff take your child’s safety very seriously.
• Campers on SciTech grounds are required to be under adult supervision at all times. Parents/guardians may not leave their child unattended on SciTech grounds for any reason.
Sign-In/Drop-Off and Sign-Out/Pick-Up:
• Parents/guardians are required to sign their camper in with camp staff no earlier than 15 minutes
before class. Campers will be escorted by camp staff to their classroom after they have been signed in.
• Campers will be signed out by an adult listed on a child’s approved pick up list with camp staff at the end of the child’s camp day.
• Anyone picking up a camper from camp must have their name and phone number listed on the registration. Anyone picking up a camper from camp may be required to present government-issued identification such as State ID or driver’s license.
• Camp staff must be notified prior to pick-up of any approved and/or listed adults who will be picking up their camper either through the camp registration process or other written communication.
• Campers will not be allowed to leave the supervision of camp staff without being signed out by an adult listed on the approved pick up list.
Weather and Safety Emergency and Cancellation:
• In the event that weather and/or safety conditions are too hazardous, SciTech reserves the right to cancel any and all camp activities. SciTech will notify parents/guardians of any weather and/or safety emergencies via phone and/or email. SciTech will not issue refunds due to weather cancellations.
• Campers entering Preschool or Pre-K must be toilet trained before registering for camp. SciTech Hands On Museum may dismiss a camper from the summer camp program if the camper is not toilet trained prior to attending camp.
Non-Emergency Medication Policy
• Parents/guardians whose child is required to take prescription medication during the camp day must list that medication in the appropriate fields in the camp registration forms.
• Parents/guardians whose child is required to take prescription medication must also complete a medical log sheet detailing the name of the medication the child is taking, dosage information, and description of the pill. This will be done on the first day of camp during check-in prior to the camper entering day one of class.
• Parents/guardians must store the medication in its original bottle and bring the medication to SciTech Summer Adventure Camps on the first day.
• All non-emergency medication will be secured in the education office, and medical logs will be kept by SciTech camp administrative staff.
• Students will be escorted by educational camp staff to the education office to take their medication as prescribed on the medication label.
Emergency medication, such as Epipen, rescue inhaler, and insulin
• SciTech should be notified through the registration if a student carries an emergency medication including Epipen, rescue inhaler, insulin, or others.
• Emergency medication will be labeled clearly with the child’s name and will be kept in the First Aid kit controlled by the supervising Teacher/TA during the camp day.
• Parents will be required to fill out a medical log sheet on the first day of camps for each prescription medication.
•Campers may not bring any illegal substances, drugs, alcohol, e-cigarettes, tobacco products, guns, knives, any kind weapon, or dangerous item(s) to the museum.
• Campers may also not bring any toys, food, candy, clothing, or any other paraphernalia that mimics or represents any illegal substances, drugs, alcohol, e-cigarettes, tobacco products, guns, knives, any kind of weapon, or dangerous item(s).
• In the event that a camper is found with any of these items listed, the camper’s parent/guardian(s) will be notified, the camper will immediately be dismissed from the program, and legal authorities will be notified of any dangerous or illegal activity.
• Refunds will not be issued if a camper is dismissed from SciTech Summer Adventure Camps.
SciTech Hands On Museum is proud to continue its camp scholarship program for students in the community of Aurora, IL.
This year, SciTech will be partnering with the VWR Charitable Foundation of Radnor, Pennsylvania. VWR Charitable Foundation was established in 2009 by a group of associates from VWR. Who were committed to giving back to the science community. The VWR Foundation has donated more than $1.5 million dollars since its inception, supporting organizations and programs that align with its three strategic priorities: Researching for new innovation and drug discovery, improving health and well-being of those in need, and advancing science education.
With funding from the VWR Charitable Foundation, SciTech will be providing 25 students a full scholarship for two camp sessions for the summer of 2017. This scholarship is currently being offered to any qualifying family whose child is entering 1st through 8th grade for the fall of 2017, and whose parent/guardian is a resident of Aurora, IL.
One scholarship covers one full week (two camp sessions). Scholarships will be awarded based on first come, first serve basis, and to families who qualify based on the listed requirements on the application.
Families who wish to be considered for our scholarship will need to DOWNLOAD the application and submit by Wednesday, May 31, 2017.
For more information regarding SciTech Summer Adventure Camps or the Camp scholarship please call (630) 859-3434 ext. 236 or email: email@example.com